Not many individuals know that stress is an important part of life. What they only know is that stress is something that they have to fight every single day. What they fail to recognize is that stress is anything that can stimulate an organism to change. Without stress, there will be no impetus or motivation to do a lot better, to improve on what already exist, and to learn from the mistakes of the past. For many individuals, stress is negative. Even literature from scientific communities looks at stress as the enemy. What you must understand is that there are different levels of stress, but stress nonetheless.
Mild stress is something that all humans need. It is what drives you to be different, to strive for something better, and to motivate you to greater heights. It is something that is positive. Moderate stress, depending on your energy reserves, can function in the same way as mild stress. Or, if your energy reserves are already depleted or are running low, then you will go to severe stress and, if still left unchecked, panic. It is these latter stages of stress that is what people and the scientific community are largely looking at. They never look at the brighter side of mild stress.
The issue here is how fast your moderate stress escalates into severe stress and panic. The health and scientific communities agree that it all depends on your energy reserves. If your energy reserves have all been used up, then you can get stressed even with simple things. That is why managing stress is more about ensuring you have adequate amounts of energy – physical, mental, emotional, and social – to help you continue what you are doing without going into the severe stress and panic zones. This is something that Melbourne’s best health food store as well as other health food stores all over the world understands. They know that you need to replenish your body’s energy reserves with only the best kind of food available to mankind.
While a good diet and healthy eating habits can sufficiently equip your body with the much needed nutrients needed to maintain your energy levels, it gets depleted from time to time. As such, food supplementation will be required. And in the fight against moderate to severe stress, the following supplements have been known to produce a more relaxed state, promoting sleep, and enhancing your body’s ability to fully recharge itself.
- Astragalus is an herbal supplement that has been shown to exert antiviral properties. This should be excellent in warding off flu and colds especially in the cold months.
- Chamomile has been shown in extensive studies that it can significantly improve one’s frayed nerves. Its mild sedative effects can make falling to sleep a lot easier to allow the body ample time to recuperate.
- Curcumin is an extract from turmeric. It has been shown to be particularly beneficial in the reduction of inflammation. When inflammation is effectively reduced associated stress and anxiety is also reduced. Furthermore, curcumin is shown to be effective in enhancing the ability of the body to ward off diseases through enhancement of the immune system.
- Magnesium acts by inducing muscle relaxation so that you will not feel any tension. This is where it works its wonders in the management of stress. Furthermore, it is also perfect for inducing sleep to allow the body sufficient time to recover and recharge its mental and emotional energies.
- Melatonin is considered as one of the body’s natural time shifters. It is often prescribed to patients who are having trouble sleeping. The faster you can fall asleep, the longer your restful period, the better you will feel the following morning.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are excellent anti-inflammatory substances. These substances are great for relieving muscle tension and pain to create a more relaxed mind and body.
- Phosphatidyl serine is considered as a natural anti-anxiety agent.
- Taurine is also considered a natural anti-anxiety agent and can play a significant role in nerve impulse transmission.
- Theanine which is naturally found in green tea as well as black tea has been shown to be effective in controlling emotional outbursts.
- Valerian root has been known to be particularly effective at promoting restful sleep, perfect for reenergizing a stressed-out body and mind.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is especially effective in reducing headaches that are often found in highly stressful situations. When taken together with other B vitamins, the overall effect is a much more pleasant disposition.
There are other supplements out there that can help you improve your ability to keep on going. As mild stress is what motivates you to become a better person, you need to be ready in case you go into the realm of moderate stress. Taking these supplements will help you stay within the boundaries of mild to moderate stress and prevent going into severe anxiety and panic.
Anything for good health is always a good investment. If food supplements can improve your health and defeat stress
, then it is something that you should pay attention to. Investing on good health is considered the best gift to oneself.
Posted in Health And Fitness and tagged Vitamin B6 by Crystal Luera with .